Have you ever spilled red wine on your carpet and left a dark, ugly stain? While it may seem impossible to get that wine stain out of your carpet, it’s not as difficult as you think.
It’s essential to start the cleaning process right away once you know how to get wine out of carpet. This is because the longer you wait, the more difficult the stain will be to remove.
This guide will teach you how to get wine out of your carpet. Using everyday household products to get those pesky wine stains out of your carpet in no time!
You just had a great dinner party, and there’s wine all over your beautiful new carpet. But don’t worry; we’re here to help.
Just follow these simple steps, and that pesky wine stain will never be gone.
- Carefully pour baking soda on the area with the stain to cover it completely.
- Use the vacuum cleaner to suck up the baking soda, which should also lift some of the wine.
- Use a towel or rag to clean up any remaining residue from the spot.
- For an extra precautionary measure, you can rub club soda on the area and vacuum it up.
- Use a towel or rag to wipe away any residue left behind from vacuuming up club soda.
- Now, put down a layer of baking soda.
- Leave this for two hours before vacuuming it again to prevent the wine smell from returning.
- Repeat this process as many times as necessary until you have removed the odor entirely
- The last step is to vacuum up without any substance underneath the rug and allow it to air dry overnight.
- Congratulations, you did it!
Club Soda & Salt
This is another method when thinking of how to get wine out of carpet. First, blot up as much of the wine as possible with a clean white cloth.
Next, mix one part club soda with one part salt. Pour this mixture over the stain and let it sit for five minutes.
After five minutes, blot the area again with a clean white cloth. You may need to repeat this process a few times before the stain is completely gone.
Hydrogen Peroxide & Baking Soda
If you have hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, you’re in luck. This is one of the most effective methods for removing red wine stains from carpeting.
First, blot up as much of the wine as possible with a clean cloth. Then, mix one part hydrogen peroxide with one part baking soda and apply it to the stain. Allow it to sit for about an hour, then vacuum it up.
Immediately blot the stain with a clean white cloth. If the spill is large, start from the outside and work your way in so you don’t spread the stain.
Pour a small amount of white vinegar on the area and blot again. Repeat this process until the stain is gone.
You can also use club soda instead of vinegar. Just be sure to blot after each application.
When you know how to get wine out of carpet, every stain becomes nothing to you.
With the above-listed options, be sure to get a neat ret just by using some simple household items.