This article will show how to boil hot dogs in less than 10 minutes. Whether you want a quick lunch or a light dinner, you can always count on a well-prepared hot dog.
They’re easy to cook and contain 7 grams of protein (about 15% of your daily value).
Without wasting much of your time, let’s dive straight into how to prepare hot dogs in 10 minutes.
What you need to boil hot dogs
- Hot dog sausage
- Toppings like ketchup, onions, mustard, relish, pickles, cheese, chili, etc.
How to boil hot dogs – three quick methods
Here are three super-fast methods to prepare and enjoy hot dogs.
How to use a burner to boil hot dogs?
- Fill a big saucepan halfway with water.
- Place the pan over an excessive heat burner and bring it to a boil.
- When the water boils, submerge the hot dog with tongs.
- Lower the heat and boil the hot dogs till they are cooked. This takes 5 minutes.
- Drain them from the water and dry them with paper towels before placing them in the bun and topping it with desired flavorings.
How to boil hot dogs in the microwave?
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place your hot dog.
- Fill the dish halfway with water, allowing an inch of headroom.
- Place the hot dogs in a microwave and set the timer for 3 minutes. Some microwaves will take longer, and you may need to add water to keep the hot dogs from drying out throughout the cooking period.
- Take the hot dogs with tongs from the bowl and set them on a plate with paper towels to absorb any extra liquid.
- Place it on the bun and top with your favorite flavorings.
How to boil hot dogs in a skillet?
- Heat some water in a small pan until it steams. You should submerge only half of the sausage in water when the water fills.
- Use the tongs to put the hot dog sausage into the water. Allow to heat until it is cooked.
- The water will bubble up and boil off the sausage as it cooks so that it may cook.
- Add a small teaspoon of butter to each hot dog while cooking, then continue to cook and roast until blisters and crisps appear. Keep an eye out for it sticking to the pan and burning.
- Drain the hot dog from the pan and dish with the bun and toppings of your choice, such as mustard, onions, chili, or ketchup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once the water is boiling, the hot dog will cook for 5 minutes.
Yes, you can boil frozen hot dogs. It will take 10 minutes to cook.
You shouldn’t have any problems with hot dog splitting when it’s cooking. If you’re using another way of cooking, poke a few tiny holes in the hot dog.
Hot dogs are the easiest foods to serve for lunch or dinner. You may also cook it in a variety of ways, including boiling, frying, grilling, and roasting. Boiling is the simplest way to cook several hot dogs at once, and it may even prepare frozen hot dogs.
My favorite way to prepare hot dogs is to boil them, and they taste so good. Add onions, relish, and several additional toppings to make it more unique, or stick to the standard mustard and ketchup combo.